Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien

        

    About the Hobbit. One day a man went to Bilbo Baggins and the man (you can call him Bilbo-I just call him Bill) Bilbo let that man come to his house. So it turned out that Balin, Dwalin, and Oin, Gloin, Bifur, Bombur, Bofur, Thorin Oakenshield, that was the most important dwarf of all of them. One night they planned to go and get a treasure the dragon was guarding. It was a secret hill. And Bilbo could come if he wanted to. It was early in the morning and he was in his pajamas eating breakfact and Gandalf said "Hurry, hurry, don't be late!" He had no time to get his clothes on. So he was out the door before he even knew it! And he was on a horse. He was a-galloping off.

        One night they ran out of food completely, they had no food, only crumbs. And it was raining completely so they were just tired from the long journey. They get to the treasure. It's just that it's a long trip.

        Bilbo is like "I'm not really part of this journey.  Balin just wants me to come. Why does he want me to go? I just want to stay at my home."

       Bilbo did lots of stuff-he did ALL the stuff! He found the key to the den where the treasure is.

       The ring! The secret ring isn't really a secret. It just makes you invisible. I wish I had that ring to be invisible and touch other people.

       And first they went into the forest. It's not just a normal forest-it's an ouchy forest!

      When he gets back to his hobbit home, they think he died. He didn't die! They were selling his stuff and his hobbit home.

       There were lots of songs. The songs were sometimes cheerful, sometimes mad, sometimes lots of things. We singed the song and the last thing my mom thought was a song ("oh my! it's another song") But when we got to that part it was a poem!

1 comment:

  1. Evelyn, you are an excellent reader. I love reading your jibjabs!

    ReplyDelete